As I sit here attempting to do my math homework, I wonder what the purpose of all this is. "For each line shown, P(x, y) is any point on the line. Determine the slope of the line." Yeah, like I'm going to need this in life. In the future, I'm going to be staring at a ramp or something, and try to randomly figure out the slope of the ramp by using formulas and equations and crap. Well, I guess if I was interested in architecture or something like that. So math is somewhat useful. However for socials, AKA history and geography...etc, I think not.
Here's my letter to SOCIALS:
Dear Socials,
Why do we bother learning you? Whenever will I need to know about dead guys in my life? Why should I even care about you? Geography is pointless and History is stoopid because I already exxplained above. Socials, why are you even called that? Socials means to S O C I A L I Z E ! ! ! Not work! So leave me alone!!
Love,
Nakita.
Jk. I love you socials. . . . . . . *awkward silence*
*cough* NOT *cough cough*
On to second language: In my past of the subject, "SECOND LANGUAGES", I have taken French, Latin, and Spanish. I have stuck with French my entire life and I am fluent in it. I got good grades in Latin and Spanish, yet I absolutely loathed learning them. First of all for Latin, I didn't even understand why I signed up for it in the first place, considering it's an ancient language that no one speaks anymore. I suppose the smart people sign up for that language to expand their English vocabulary since Latin's the mother language. Spanish however, my Spanish teacher only liked me because I knew random words like, "Piso Mojado" (Wet Floor) and "Quitamanchas Instantaneo" (Instant Stain Remover). He said I was motivated with vocabulary.
Art Class. My sanctuary. No complaints.
Multimedia Class... They should have different levels for Media Class because some people are just naturally idiots and need more explanation than others. Therefore the others who are quick learners, are forced to wait while the teacher explains to the slow pokes. It just gets annoying sometimes.
Choir/Band. Most people in these classes assume that they are the only ones who are musical, but what if some people are amazing at singing, or playing instruments O U T S I D E of school? Anyway, I think that the classes are great, just maybe the teachers could let the students pick what they want to sing/play from time to time.
Gym. What's with these P.E. teachers these days? Firstly, they are way to whiny. They tell you that your push ups need work because you don't go low enough, or SOMETHING, yet think about it... When have YOU ever seen your P.E. teacher do a push up, sit up, or run, or whatever? Fitness testing is hell as well. Push up and Agility are one thing, that's not to hard to handle, but the beep test is H O R R I B L E. I'm not saying that people who hate the beep test suck at running, or are just out of shape. I am saying that we have to run back and forth in an enclosed, claustrophobic, air-less, windowless, and smelly GYMNASIUM. And for what? To be told that we suck at running? WELL to Mr. PE teacher, YOU SIR, have never seen us run outside, in the open air, where we can be *free birds*.
ENGLISH. I admit, this subject is useful. I love English class sometimes. Whenever the teacher gives us a composition assignment, and everybody groans... I'm secretly sitting in the back of the class going "YAYYYYY~~~". However, English class does have it's down points. Last class for example, we had to learn about COMMAS. I mean, honestly. I think the majority of my class knows where to place commas in a sentence. You don't have to bring back grade one every time we run out of things to do in class!
Then we have public speaking. Don't get me wrong, I love speeches. I just hate having to come up with the topics. It's always the case. You come up with a great topic, months before you even have to present your speech. Then when the professor actually assigns the speech, you have completely forgotten your *awesome idea* and come up with something other, something absolutely idiotic. This year, my speech was about "subliminal messages". Yes, it is a long word. Yes, it does sound smart. Yes, none of the kids in my class understood what I was talking about.
I'm just gonna click *post* now, cause I'm afraid I'll never run out of subjects, and I will keep complaining.
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
School.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment